Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort are hosting nationally-recognized events this Halloween, from haunted houses to costume parties with contest prizes. Travel Agent has rounded up what Halloween events, parties as well as vacation packages Orlando has to offer during the weeks leading up to October 31, 2013:
1. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Guests are invited to dress in costumes and trick-or-treat throughout the Magic Kingdom, which has been transformed into the happy haunted hallows. The party, taking place now through November 1, includes special meet and greets with Disney characters in their Halloween costumes, “Boo-to-You” Halloween parade and “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks display.
2. ‘Unleash the Villains’ at Hollywood Studios – Disney is holding a one-night only special Limited Time Magic Halloween event. It will be happening at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Taking place on September 13, the event will have Disney villains and a fireworks show. The event runs from 8 p.m. until 1 a.m.
3. Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights – With the help of a “scream team,” the resort has created haunted houses and “scare zones”. New frightening experiences for 2013 include a maze inspired by the “The Walking Dead” and a haunted house based on horror film “The Cabin in the Woods.” The Halloween event takes place now through November 2 on select nights.
4. Gory Getaway – Vacation package starts at $299 per adult, tax inclusive. The offer includes 3-night accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel; 2-day base ticket for admission to both Universal Orlando theme parks; 1-night admission to Halloween Horror Nights; and admission to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk. Guests can upgrade to one of three deluxe on-site hotels at Universal Orlando with special access to a dedicated Halloween Horror Nights entry gate each event night until 8 p.m.
5. Stay and Scream – The offer starts at $38.99, plus tax. Guests can add Halloween Horror Nights 23 to any Universal Orlando theme park ticket when visiting the parks. Prices vary per night.
6. Spooky Empire – The event will be hosted by the Doubletree at Universal Studios. Taking place from October 25-27, there will be celebrity guests, live bands, tattoo artists, seminars, vendors, zombie walk and freak show film festival.