A 58 year old man suffered severe burns to his lips, tongue and throat, and a burst oesophagus, after he ingested acid which a friend had given to him, pretending it to be wine, as part of a revenge on a practical joke.

The incident happened in a village near Granada this week, and witnesses stated that the liquid was very similar in appearance to wine, so no suspicions were raised.

However, the liquid was a corrosive cleaning fluid used for cleaning metal objects in the bar.

An investigation has been opened but the bar owner who served the drink admitted to the fact in revenge for a previous joke.

Despite two weeks hospitalisation, the victim intends taking no further action, as their friendship is “stronger than the effects of one lousy drink”.

via THIS WEEK IN SPAIN | Mark Nolan.

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Odd